North Korea Issued “Shoot-To-Kill Orders” to Prevent Coronavirus: US Forces Korea Commander
United States Forces Korea (USFK) commander Robert Abrams has revealed that North Korea has issued shoot-to-kill orders to prevent the spread of the coronavirus in the country. Surprisingly, North Korea has not confirmed even a single case of COVID-19 since it was first recorded in China last year.
In January, Pyongyang closed its border with China and later in July it increased the state of emergency to maximum with “shoot-to-kill orders”.
On Tuesday, Abrams made the big revelations during a tele conference hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) in Washington.
North Korea has marked a “buffer zone, one or two kilometers up on the Chinese border,” Abrams said.
“They’ve got North Korean SOF (Special Operations Forces) out there. … Strike forces, they’ve got shoot-to-kill orders in place,” he added.
North Korea depends on China for 85 percent of its imports. In a recent disaster, Typhoon Maysak destroyed over 2,000 houses and thus, the isolated country is currently facing quite a lot of economic struggles.
With no provocations expected from Pyongyang, Abrams added that the country might exhibit a new weapons system at 75th anniversary of the Kim Jong Un’s ruling party next month.
“The regime right now — the military — is focused principally on getting their country recovered and to help mitigate the risk of Covid-19. We’re not seeing any indications right now of any sort of lashing out,” he said.
Subscribe for newsletter
* You will receive the latest news and updates